Webcast: How to Build a DevSecOps Program that Works for Developers AND Security
Date & Time: On Demand
Location: Zoom, Virtual
Speaker: Tom Eston
Join Tom Eston, Practice Director of Application Security at Bishop Fox, for an in-depth webinar on how to build a strategy that empowers both security and development teams within your organization as you move toward a DevSecOps model.
As organizations put pressure on developers and security teams to develop secure applications at a faster pace, businesses are moving away from the traditional Waterfall development model to a DevSecOps methodology - one that bridges the gap between development and security teams.
In this webcast, Tom covers a variety of models, processes, and plans to make DevSecOps work within your organization.
You’ll learn how to:
- Apply the three ways of DevOps in your organization
- Speed up software delivery without sacrificing security
- Use “quick wins” to build security into the early development phases as you move toward DevSecOps
- Understand what your security requirements and threats are before development begins
- Choose the right tools, tactics, and testing techniques to fit your development workflows
- Empower developers to write secure code
- Get buy-in and support from both security and development teams, as well as critical stakeholders and leaders within your organization
Tom Eston is the Practice Director of Application Security at Bishop Fox. Tom's work over his 15 years in cybersecurity has focused on application, network, and red team penetration testing as well as security and privacy advocacy. He has led multiple projects in the cybersecurity community, improved industry standard testing methodologies and is an experienced manager and leader. He is also the founder and co-host of the podcast The Shared Security Show; and a frequent speaker at user groups and international cybersecurity conferences including Black Hat, DEF CON, DerbyCon, SANS, InfoSec World, OWASP AppSec, and ShmooCon.
- Webinar - DevSecOps and Application Penetration Testing: Defying the Myth
- Blog Post - Free Tools and Add-Ons to Explore for Applying DevSecOps in Your Organization
- Blog Post - Applying DevSecOps in Your Organization
Have a question for Tom? Get in touch